Strategic Pricing Lead for Cash App and Afterpay Payments
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Strategic Pricing Team advises a cross-functional group of leaders on how to manage growth and profitability for Cash App and Afterpay's expanding suite of global payment network products. The team sits in the Finance & Strategy organization and spends the vast majority of its time partnering with leaders in Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Product, Product Marketing, Operations, and more.
We are looking for someone who is equally passionate about developing and implementing new strategies and frameworks that drive business impact. You will lead enterprise pricing strategy and execution for Cash App and Afterpay's payment network products and will have opportunities to broaden your scope of work as the product suite grows over time.
- Set strategy: You will design comprehensive pricing strategies that span partner segments for both Cash App and Afterpay
- Accelerate commercialization: You will create and implement principled financial decision-making frameworks that help the business balance growth and profitability
- Advise on complex deals: You will partner across departments to develop custom pricing and incentive proposals for partnerships with some of the most influential brands in the world
- Scale the operating model: You will construct and scale efficient processes to price and approve large deals in a complex, matrixed organization
- Build your team: You will hire and manage a motivated team
- 8+ years of strategy and operations experience in management consulting, investing, and/or high-growth technology. Experience working with Sales and Business Development functions and/or in Payments (especially in Merchant Payments) is a plus
- Deep understanding of finance and economics, with experience advising executives on decisions related to balancing growth and profitability
- Distinctive strategic problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Experience developing trusted relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience building teams
- High level of comfort operating in an open-ended environment with a rapidly evolving product suite that operates at scale globally
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $171,200 - USD $209,200
Zone C: USD $162,000 - USD $198,000
Zone D: USD $152,700 - USD $186,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.