Workforce Planning Forecaster
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Employees can work remotely
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is looking for a Workforce Analyst, Forecasting who is passionate about improving both the internal and external customer experience. The role will be within our Customer Success Operations team and will be crucial in building tools and strategy to maximize customer satisfaction and improve operational efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will need to leverage various tools and systems for supply/demand modeling, optimization of schedules and events that support workforce management fundamentals that drive and complement the organizational strategy.
- Be a key thought partner for our operations strategy and direction
- Participate in weekly/monthly meetings focused on reviewing forecasts, capacity planning, shrinkage review, KPI results, etc. throughout all levels of leadership
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills as you will meet with all levels of leadership to discuss potential outcomes
- Be responsible for updating and maintaining statistical info into WFM modeling software
- Drive operational efficiency within customer success with creative data driven solutions and initiatives
- Research and quantify enterprise initiatives that impact customer experience and servicing
- Improve our understanding of organizational performance by providing post analysis on prior days/weeks to determine key drivers and impacts as well as actions to mitigate future risk
- Monitor and adjust staffing, schedules and activities to ensure proper servicing metrics are achieved
- 4+ years of WFM or similar analytical experience
- Prior experience with Workforce Management tools (Teleopti, NICE IEX preferred), or experience with scheduling or analytical software
- Intellectual curiosity and experience in demand modeling
- In-depth knowledge of call center statistics and technology
- Experience with statistical forecasting models, such as time series and regression analysis
- Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions) and/or GSuites skills and ability to build logical forecast models
- Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strategic planning, problem solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and integrity with strong customer service skills
- 4-year college degree with a major in analytical or technical field
- Working knowledge or interest in learning SQL, Looker, Hyperion or other BI and modeling tools
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.