Head of Product Compliance, Square
- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Square’s Product Compliance team oversees three main areas: advisory and strategy to enable the launches of Square products globally, strategic partnerships which include our bank partners from a Compliance standpoint, and representation of product controls and intricacies during audit and examinations. This team consists of experts in industry best practices, regulatory requirements and analysis, controls implementation and in Square’s product offerings.
You will oversee a team of professionals that help lead product development alongside the Square Product and Business teams as we continue to scale. Our product leaders are customer-focused, and always make decisions with an eye towards Square's business as a whole. You will ensure that we assess compliance needs, design and implement applicable policies and overarching programs, collaborate with Product and Regulatory Counsel on the controls environment and with Product & Program Managers, build the internal infrastructure to support Square. You will also help develop our organizational growth strategy alongside other Square and Block Compliance senior leaders to innovate, evolve, and scale. You will report to Square’s Global Head of Compliance.
- Oversee the vision and execution of a team of Compliance Product Leads & Managers who advise partners and create Compliance programs to help grow Square’s business across all products lines and markets
- Develop the Product Compliance team’s strategy and vision to keep the team evolving to meet the needs of the company and support broader Compliance projects and manage the progress of team goals against roadmaps
- Partner with senior leadership across the Square Business, Product, and Counsel teams to in pursuit of Square’s mission, bearing in mind our obligation to the company and our shareholders
- Partner with your team to understand our regulatory requirements and develop creative, risk-weighted solutions, policies, and programs
- Manage global strategic partner relationships from the Compliance side, from negotiation to ongoing management including supporting audits and inquiries
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscapes, best practices and developments in the industry and ensure our implementation is both compliant and future focused
- Partner with the broader Counsel team to address emerging trends, regulations and business objectives; share information about developments inSquare’'s product and Compliance programs to organize efficient and transparent support across the department
- Advocate for Compliance's mission and manage relationships across the company to ensure that the team is well positioned from concept to execution
- 8+ years in a senior Compliance role in financial services, with strong advisory skills
- 5+ years of people leadership experience
- Operational knowledge in building and running a sound Compliance program
- Knowledge of payment regulations and scheme rules; areas of lending, e-commerce, and banking among other consumer areas is also ideal
- Executive presence and excellent communication skills
- Ability to strategize against competing priorities and identify the important problems to solve
- Creative problem-solving skills and a metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.