Senior Product Manager, XPOS
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square has a robust suite of Point of Sale products, including those that are free to get started (Square Point of Sale) and those that are premium solutions that are purpose built for specific industries like restaurants, retail, and services. Powering all these products is a shared point of sale product-platform team that builds common features, components and developer frameworks that are integrated into every point of sale product, which speeds development and allows Square to offer new features and services to its sellers in a scalable and efficient way.
XPOS Platform is a new team at Square responsible for ensuring that Square's engineers can build reliable, performant, and delightful point of sale products at scale. We identify and remove roadblocks that slow down the delivery of new features and products, and lead other platform and product teams to adopt new development frameworks that increase efficiency and quality.
As the XPOS Platform PM, you will report to the Product Lead, Point of Sale and drive decision-making around the most impactful areas of investment for the entire XPOS Platform team, define the future roadmap and charter for XPOS Platform and each of its sub-teams, and work with stakeholder teams to identify the pain points of developers at Square.
- Deeply understand the needs of both internal and external customers in order to identify and prioritize their problems
- Develop the roadmap for this team and execute on it, in partnership with a dedicated team of engineers and engineering managers.
- Define ways to measure the success of complex projects and independently lead them from inception to delivery
- Be the expert and point person in your product area across the organization
- 8+ years of technical product management or equivalent experience
- An interest in delivering technical projects that impact a large number of customers
- Experience independently delivering complex engineering initiatives involving many stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including on technical subjects
- Prior technical experience or education in hardware or software engineering is desired
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.