Executive Assistant, People
- Remote, WA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
At Block, the Executive Operations team extends our executive's reach to strengthen connections within and beyond their teams, with a focus on team building, transparency, and creating a happy and healthy workplace. While we draw strength and efficiency from our centralized EO team, we can embed ourselves in the teams we support. This allows us to be strategic partners, ensuring their path is always clear and illuminated. We are a center of excellence for Block, inspiring our teams as operational experts who bring our diverse skills to the table.
You will join the Foundational Executive Operations Team, taking on a much-needed body of work balancing EA responsibilities. We are looking for a leader who has a natural passion for learning and mentorship, paired with the skills to operate at a high level with integrity.
- Perform the responsibilities of this role, supporting your team and partners remotely, but will operate primarily within Pacific Time hours.
- Provide administrative support to our Head of Square Talent within our People organization, maintaining sensitive and complex calendars, providing support to the Square Talent team, and coordinating globally with executives, partners, and EAs.
- Be the executive's right hand by attending important meetings, taking notes, being an active participant and knowledgeable resource, while ensuring executive preparation and effectiveness.
- Prioritize, proactively identifying gaps and taking ownership of projects; help compile and prepare material and agendas for team meetings, such as all-hands presentations and events.
- Foster relationships with both Compliance team members and partners to help support team programs and goals.
- Find new and efficient ways to create processes to help maximize your executives' time, including weekly reporting, goal-tracking, and team meetings.
- Work within our centralized Executive Operations team to provide support, mentorship, and guidance to enhance the team as a whole.
- 7+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role.
- Strong communication skills and ability to connect distributed teams in a remote environment.
- Background in working with multiple teams across geographic locations and time zones.
- Proficient using Google Suite and Apple products.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $66.44 - USD $81.25
Zone B: USD $61.78 - USD $75.53
Zone C: USD $58.51 - USD $71.49
Zone D: USD $53.17 - USD $65.00
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.