Global Procurement Buyer Lead
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
The Procurement Buyer Lead manages a team of up to 10 buyers and the creation of purchase requisitions, purchase orders and change orders for all of the ecosystems within Block. This leader is an Oracle procurement systems expert and partners with the Business Technology team to improve our Oracle Cloud instance. This individual will be a member of the procurement management team and will be an important contributor to the people, process and technology development for the procurement team as a whole. You must demonstrate attention to detail and effective collaboration, have a passionate focus on success, commitment to continuous improvement and a relentless drive to succeed. The successful candidate must have strong analytical and communication skills and a proven ability to build relationships with business stakeholders across the organization to ensure alignment of objectives and priorities. You will report to the Global Head of Procurement.
- Support the buying activities for all products and services purchased at Block
- Manage/mentor a team of up to 10 buyers (FTE and contract)
- Actively monitor Block's procurement system daily
- Support team in measuring KPIs for organization and work with team to develop performance metrics for buyer team
- Collaborate with partners including Accounts Payable, Business Technology and other internal customers to ensure their buying needs are met
- Collaborate with the Business Technology team to help maintain the end-to-end procurement system
- Support finance transformation initiatives to improve processes, organization structure and technology tools to scale the procurement team
- Train business owners on the global procurement policy and how to navigate the procurement system
- Advise on Purchase Requisition creation and contractual requirements with internal customers
- Support other ad hoc projects
- Navigate in unstructured environments, whilst building a purchasing capability
- Minimum of 8 years of purchasing/buyer experience, including at least 2 years of people management experience
- Oracle iProcurement or Procurement Cloud experience
- Technology savvy and ability to work cross functionally
- Highly organized with ability to balance multiple projects
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem solving and disciplined project management skills
- Experience working for a public company with applicable audit requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or related field
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.