Payments Operations Manager - Europe
- Alternate Location: London, United Kingdom
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in the US, Canada, Europe and Australia. This role can be in-office, remote or blended from anywhere in Ireland, the Netherlands or the United Kingdom.
Interested in learning more? Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Please note: This is a remote-friendly role that can be based in Ireland, UK, Netherlands, or Germany.
The Cash App Network Operations Team is responsible for building and managing a scalable payments ecosystem for a fast growing mobile payment app with multiple external and internal partners. Reporting to the European Payment Acceptance Lead, you will be responsible for setting and driving an operational excellence and continuous improvement strategy for all card-enabled payment methods in Europe; , investigating operational issues, participating in cross functional initiatives and supporting product development through partner alignment with a focus on the European market.
- Manage external processing and network partners to define, enable and manage new features and programs in Europe
- Collaborate with Country Manager, Product and Engineering teams to develop and implement market-specific products and features to drive user adoption and retention
- Lead end-to-end cross-functional initiatives with product, engineering, risk, data science, finance, support operations and external partners to identify and solve card payment performance issues to provide a seamless payment experience for Cash App users.
- Design and monitor KPIs and reporting that capture deep insights on card payment processing, including both industry standard reporting as well as Cash App specific metrics
- Extract insights and recommend product improvements from user feedback, data analysis
- Manage information requests and regulatory filing obligations with internal legal and compliance teams and external payments partners
- Be a subject matter expert in the payments space, helping Cash App keep tabs on regulatory and network changes that impact our business
- Have 8+ years of experience in a payments operations role, preferably in a PSP, ecommerce, gaming/gambling, acquiring, issuing or banking
- Have a strong understanding of the end-to-end payments ecosystem, including payment methods, card networks, acquiring and processing, and the regulatory environment, with a particular focus on the UK and the EU
- Be comfortable using data to extract business insights and drive optimisation, in collaboration with risk, finance and data science teams
- Have experience working with cross functional, multi-location teams
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.