Software Engineering Manager, Web Payments Experience
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square's Payment Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve our merchants.We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Payment Experience group, leading a full-stack team that enables our merchants to take payments with Square on the web. We provide SDKs that thousands of developers use to power hundreds of thousands of merchants' websites. We create great experiences for buyers on the web, ensure that their payment data remains safe and secure while keeping our sellers compliant with industry regulations. Over the last year, we've begun investing in the future of our stack, moving to TypeScript, ensuring high availability by serving requests from multiple data centers, and beginning our journey to the cloud.
- Guide and mentor a geographically distributed team of engineers as they add to our existing SDKs and consider the future set of tools and libraries that developers need
- Ensure continued operational excellence, supporting the team as they own and operate both frontend SDKs and the related backend services that support those SDKs
- Foster long-term thinking and innovation in a complex space, and promote your organization to support our business
- Export the team’s best practices to the rest of Square, and support other teams that look to ship web SDKs
- Collaborate with product management, design, senior engineering and product leadership, and your peers to develop the strategy for your team, reporting into the Lead for Payment Experience
- Develop efficient processes, ensuring the engineering team is operating with high velocity, ownership, and accountability to our customers
- Oversee the success of your team's projects and achieve quantifiable results on time
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical, working experience (6+ years preferred)
- Experience designing and building backend systems and frontend components
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineering Manager
- Experience building or leading teams that build tools for developers, whether that be contributions to open source or building backend APIs or frontend SDKs
- [Bonus] Experience with payments on the web
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $211,600 - USD $258,600
Zone C: USD $200,500 - USD $245,100
Zone D: USD $189,400 - USD $231,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.