Product Manager, Square Staff Integrations and Partnerships
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square Staff represents a suite of labor management, payroll and communications tools that enable sellers and their teams to thrive together. Now more than ever, as the economy reopens and employers seek to rehire, they need to search for ways to support and provide value for their staff and for their business.
We are looking for an experienced product manager who is as excited as we are about growing the impact of our Staff products and bringing new offerings to market. As a Product Manager for Square Payroll, you will identify and solve the needs of small business owners and their hourly workers, some of the most underserved and overlooked participants in our economy today.
You will report to the Product Lead for Taxes and Compliance and lead our thinking about expanding our product suite to solve more seller needs related to HR, benefits and compliance. You will help make the business case for build vs buy vs partner decisions and how to grow the impact of our existing integrations and partnerships. You will collaborate with designers, engineers, analysts, marketing, business development and other teams to move quickly towards delivering and scaling a remarkable product for small business owners. You will help us identify and deliver the initiatives, features and products that can have the largest impact for our existing and potential customers.
- Conduct extensive research to understand customer needs and current market solutions
- Use that research to craft a compelling product vision and strategy
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver projects against that vision and strategy
- Thoughtfully define and communicate project goals, requirements, and constraints
- Work with engineers and designers to continuously improve the service and product
- Collaborate cross-functionally with almost every other function in Square: Engineering, Design, Data Science, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Risk
- Experience: 5+ years of product management responsibilities
- A collaborative approach: Track record of delivering results with cross-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You're a self-starter and get things across the finish line
- Efficiency: Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Analytical skills: You have a data-driven learning style
- Hustle: You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excitement: You're passionate about Square's mission and new technology
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.