Senior Strategy Manager, Risk Operations
- Atlanta, GA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and deeply resourceful individual to lead and execute Cash Customer Operations’ (CCO’s) Risk Operations planning and strategy functions. This individual will be part of a team that works cross-functionally within CCO, and across Cash to create, align and refine strategy, and drive performance and goals. This role is focused on effective, timely, and compliant operations of our strategy and framework within Risk Operations to deliver critical business projects.
In this role, you will serve as a guide, air traffic controller, innovation source, budget master, and the ultimate operational strategist, driving excellence, consistency, and communication among the Risk Operations leadership team, and ensuring alignment and shared understanding across CCO. This role will work deeply with the Sr. Leaders of Risk Operations to develop and drive a deep understanding of key strategies, keeping the teams and supporting functions aligned, and maximizing CCO’s focus and execution capabilities. Inside the Cash team, you’ll work with the Sr. Strategy Lead, Finance, Product, Engineering, Biz Ops, and other partners to represent Risk Operations and its priorities to support our customers as a key piece of building Cash App’s reputation as a financial institution they can trust.
- Guide strategy execution by the business in a scalable and compliant way
- Utilize deep operational and support industry knowledge to implement and improve on people, process and technology while serving as a strong cross-functional leader for our global team
- Facilitate the goal setting and execution of critical projects within Risk Operations, smartly balancing the levers around quality, cost, impact, risk and compliance and outcomes to maximize investments and talent
- In partnership with Data and Process improvement teams to gather and synthesize relevant data, suggesting improvements in the processes and workflows to help scale the business to stay ahead of our needs
- Represent Risk Operations as needed in critical conversations with business partners across Cash to help synthesize priorities and context to drive informed high-decision quality
- Partner with Operational Excellence in the implementation of risk management practices within Risk Operations including driving risk assessments, remediating identified issues, facilitating policy reviews, and managing regulatory change.
You will be accountable for:
- Managing operational frameworks around how Risk Operations prioritize strategic initiatives, set goals, form and align on priorities, in partnership with the Sr. Leadership teams.
- Coordinating communication and execution of work amongst the department leadership team to ensure alignment, visibility and context are available and incorporated
- Steering and refining the engines that drive how we manage change, new business priorities, balance running the business with fueling innovation, and hold each other accountable in Risk Operations to focusing on the priorities with the strongest impact and value
- Participate with the Sr. Strategy Lead and CCO Leaders in formulating and creating alignment around the CCO investment strategy, which includes budgets, resource balancing among priorities
- More specifically, oversee and drive accountability over annual and quarterly planning, including budgets, headcount, and organizational design.
- Building and representing the team’s culture and priorities as part of the overall ecosystem CCO is building across internal and external sites
- Leading, coordinating or supporting efforts around major impactful high-visibility projects and ensure opportunities are carried forward to practical and sustainable solutions
- Maintain relationships with cross-functional partners to help support Risk Operations programs and goals.
- 7+ years of operations/support industry experience with a focus on planning and process frameworks and developing and executing strategy at scale
- 3 years experience and a proven track record in coordinating senior leaders with varied initiatives, priorities, and functions into a smooth, aligned performant team
- Past experience working in a rapidly scaling organization and going from a US-based or single-channel model to a global, distributed, matrixed model and evolving processes in tandem with growth and shifting business needs
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities and expertise in balancing and articulating trade-offs
- A passion for consumer financial services and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
- Experience with or prior knowledge of risk management and regulatory interactions within the financial services industry preferred
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.