Product Lead, Banking Services
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Payment Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve sellers. It provides the necessary components to manage identity, process payments across multiple channels, hold and transfer funds, and provide accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
Within the Payment Platform, the Banking Services teams ensure Square sellers get paid reliably, flexibly, and transparently for the payments Square accepted on their behalf: the right amount in the right place at the right time. We also provide the accounting and reporting services to help them manage their cash flow and close their books.
We do this using Square’s platform strategy. We build a platform for developers inside and outside of Square to provide money movement services to sellers. The platform services we build for settlement and reporting are leveraged by other money movement and reporting services at Square and beyond (including Cash App).
We are looking for a product lead to lead this high-performing team of product managers, set the vision and strategy of the team in partnership with engineering, and provide the best services and experiences for our sellers and the developers who serve them.
- Be responsible for building and managing a high performing product team
- Deeply understand our customers and their needs, and guide our world-class team to ship remarkable solutions
- Foster an environment that enables the team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Partner with your team in building a product strategy and roadmap that serves sellers settlement and reporting needs while also building out the platform capabilities that comprise those services.
- Collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners and stakeholders throughout Block
- Run your product like a business: manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning and execution
- Align for large cross-team projects by driving your team's annual and quarterly planning process.
- Ensure the health of your products by balancing new features with maintenance and technical debt.
- 12+ years of relevant product management experience; 2+ years of people management experience.
- Track record of strong people management. You have hired and developed strong performing product management teams.
- Track record of product strategy and impact. You help a broader team understand how work ladders up to the strategy and key goals.
- Demonstrated success launching and scaling platform products with public APIs, SDKs, or toolkits and maintaining them across multiple versions.
- Strong empathy for our customers and their pain points.
- Sophisticated relationship management skills. You are a strong collaborator and thoughtful in building relationships with stakeholders.
- Domain expertise in banking or other financial services.
- Passion for our purpose of economic employment and innovation on behalf of our sellers and developers.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills that shine when you’re talking with a customer, working with engineers, or engaging a cross-functional audience.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone B: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone C: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone D: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.