Finance & Strategy Manager, Cash App - Money Movement
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
We are hiring a Finance & Strategy Manager to grow Cash App's payments ecosystem. As an essential partner for the Cash App leadership team, you will help handle the following responsibilities. This position can sit in any Cash App/Block office in the US or be full-time remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Identify and drive scalable cost reduction strategies that power money movement activities (e.g. P2P, Cash-ins, Instant Deposit, etc.)
- Build financial models to evaluate trade-offs associated with new product initiatives and influence roadmap prioritization
- Conduct analyses to inform negotiations with our payments partners
- Drive forecasting and evaluation process for money movement products and payment partners; including periodic business reviews to provide progress-to-goal visibility, developing operating/financial tools to monitor pulse of the business, and forecasting financial performance annotated with drivers of results to Cash App leadership
- Monitor and mitigate potential payments-related risks that impact performance v. financial targets
- Collaborate with a cross-functional stakeholder group
5+ years of relevant industry experience, including:
2+ years of experience in payments, investment banking, strategic finance or comparable experience
Experience with the payments value chain and unit economics
Excellent financial modeling skills using Excel/Google Sheets (be prepared for a spreadsheet-based case study)
Excellent communication skills, with ability to distill and tailor complex info for different audiences
Experience working with and driving consensus across functional areas
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) preferred
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.