Release Manager, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
As a Release Manager on Cash, your goal is to ensure we are shipping high-quality versions of Cash App to our customers at a consistent cadence. You will drive initiatives for improving release and test processes across Cash and work collaboratively with members of the Product, Quality, and Engineering teams.
- Plan release schedules for Cash App on iOS and Android, and communicate regular release status updates
- Define, track and communicate app health metrics to an internal engineering and product audience
- Strategically introduce and optimize release and testing processes to improve app quality
- Participate in incident management reviews and lead improvements to the process for mobile releases
- Manage and grow Cash App Early Access Program (alpha and beta)
- Create release scripts to automate release management tasks
- Manage release branches, review late release and production fixes
- Work with QA to certify a release and investigate issues from Early Access Program, lead critical bug resolution working with product engineering teams
- Be a strong quality advocate on behalf of Cash App members, working closely with software engineers, DevOps, designers, and product managers to release high quality products
- 3+ years of experience in release management of mobile applications
- 2+ years directly interfacing with technical teams such as Engineering or Product
- A proven record of prioritizing and coordinating work across a large number of product teams (including Engineering, QA, Product Management and Design teams)
- Experience working with CI systems in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Bonus points for experience in code/scripting language such as Python, Ruby or Java
Technologies we use:
- Bugsnag for crash monitoring
- Jira and TestRail for test/defect management
- Java, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, JUnit, TestNG, and Gradle for UI test automation
- Jenkins/CircleCI, GCP, Docker for infrastructure and CI/CD integration
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $131,300 - USD $160,500
Zone C: USD $124,400 - USD $152,000
Zone D: USD $117,500 - USD $143,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.