Risk Operations Specialist
- St. Louis, MO, United States
- Employees can work remotely
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for someone to join our Business Banking Risk Team. The Square Card Risk team provides technical support to cardholders who are initiating a transaction(s) dispute on a Square Card, and monitoring fraud on all Business Banking products. You will analyze transactions, deposits and monitor potential fraud activity and communicate with sellers in cases where additional information is required. You will complete case analysis, track metrics, and work directly with sellers to assist them through the chargeback process and ultimate outcome. Additionally, you will surface anomalies and identify process improvements to internal and external operations teams, data analysts and engineers.
- Research and compile evidence to evaluate legitimacy of transactional logs
- Identify potential fraud and risk-based activity that may affect Square and our sellers
- Manage customer inquiries by email using a CRM tool
- Advocate for sellers by identifying trends, issues and suggesting improvements to processes and products
- Communicate with sellers, internal and external parties to ensure all service level agreements are achieved
- Identify, document and escalate bugs to engineers and external partners
- Manage end-to-end processes and ensure on-time delivery of important projects
- Create partnerships with Product, Program Managers, all Risk teams, Customer Success, Counsel, Analysts and Engineers within Square
- Build your knowledge of risk at Square, and the broader payments industry
- Bring an inclusive, thoughtful attitude committed to finding solutions
- 2+ years of banking experience
- Basic knowledge of products and services (checking, savings and Square Card)
- Flexible curious nature, comfortable with rapid change
- Organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- A metrics-driven work style that uses data to make informed decisions
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $34.09 - USD $41.68
Zone B: USD $31.73 - USD $38.75
Zone C: USD $28.99 - USD $35.43
Zone D: USD $25.58 - USD $31.25
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.