Business Systems Manager
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Business Systems Manager is a manager of individual contributors on the Service Delivery team. This team acts as the front door to the Integration Services (IS), where you will manage a portfolio of services that help us deliver extraordinary results. You anticipate problems before they become problems, using exceptional critical thinking skills, problem solving, and sound decision making to rapidly diagnose and resolve impediments to the optimal delivery of services to CCO. You will get to use your strong collaboration skills by connecting the dots between business needs and process optimization. The role reports to the Sr. Service Delivery Manager and partners closely with other teams in Integration Services and Customer and Knowledge Readiness, including Change Management and the Project Manager Office.
● Define and optimize the work performed by your workstream to support the Service Delivery team and the broader IS team
● Lead the identification of process improvement opportunities, execute on approved process improvements, and prioritize work performed by your workstream
● Recruit and retain top talent into the team
● Coach and mentor team members so that each person reaches their highest potential
* Contribute to setting objectives and quarterly key results for the ISD and workstream
You may also:
● Manage, negotiate, and escalate with vendors and partners to create favorable outcomes for Cash App
● Work with Legal and Procurement to facilitate the purchase of new systems and services
● Oversee development of runbooks and playbooks for IS
● Partner with operations and IS teams to facilitate prioritization of organizational and team initiatives.
● Scope, estimate, and collaborate with the PMO and other leaders on new initiatives and other requests
● Build constructive relationships to ensure exceptional support for CCO.
● Act as an escalation point for issues during business and non-business hours, as well as attend meetings in other timezones when needed.
● 3 years+ experience working in a leadership role, ideally leading Business Analysts and/or Business Systems Analysts
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in area of specialty (Business, Information Services)
● Scrum Master, Agile, Lean, PMP, or CAPM certification, or equivalent training preferred
● Excellent oral, presentation, and written skills
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.