Enterprise Strategic Sales, North America
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded seven years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
The North American Enterprise team at Block is responsible for driving revenue to Block’s core businesses (Afterpay, Cash App, Square) through commerce, giving our Merchant partners access to the largest and most engaged network of next generation consumers.
We are looking for a high-energy, dynamic strategic thinker to forge and expand Block’s relationships with the largest global brands and unlock new revenue opportunities across our expanding portfolio of payments products. You will be on the front lines of a fast-growing payments business - partnering with business owners and leading executives of Fortune 500 companies. You will be responsible for complex and first-of-kind deal negotiation and execution with leaders in commerce.
A successful candidate thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment, has a passion for developing and expanding client relationships, and exhibits a strong sense of ownership to win new business for Block. You will have a demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity, think strategically and operationally about business, marketing and technical challenges; and lead cross-functional teams to launch product and commercial initiatives.
- Be the Voice of Block: Represent Block to top-tier Enterprise Merchants as a thought-leader in the payments landscape and demonstrate Block’s value as a growth driver for our commerce partners
- Quarterback Deals: Be responsible for complex and often first-of-kind deal negotiation and execution for the Block organization through methodical deal management based on milestone tracking, KPIs, and partner alignment on opportunities of mutual interest
- Craft Deal Strategy: Develop and pitch powerful sales narratives that educate prospective partners of Block’s value proposition. Effectively communicate with senior decision makers at the largest brands in the world.
- Be a Team Player: Partner closely with cross-functional teams to drive deals forward, including Marketing, Finance, Product, Risk, Legal, Operations, Customer Service; and with external partners’ cross-functional executives
- Build Block’s Network: Develop and grow Block’s relationships with leading brands, including their senior executives. Represent Block at industry events, trade shows and networking functions.
- 8+ years experience in high-growth environments in a business development, sales, GTM or strategy role, preferably in a fast-moving technology or financial services company
- Strong executive presence, with demonstrated ability to influence and earn trust with senior leaders, ask the right questions, and use sound business judgment internally and externally at large companies, including at the C-suite level
- A self-starter mentality, where leaning in and wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment is business-as-usual
- A hunger to problem solve with analytical rigor. You’re a killer sales person and strategic thinker who comes armed to internal and external conversations with the right data and analysis to make a convincing argument.
- An operational mindset, with an ability to lead teams through complex deal constructs, relationships and organizations by setting a clear vision and implementing robust processes
- Significant experience driving and executing on complex deal work and strategy
- Creative storytelling abilities, able to seek out relevant, meaningful data and build business cases to inform partners on Block’s value proposition
- A willingness to travel
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $133,900 - USD $163,700
Zone B: USD $124,600 - USD $152,300
Zone C: USD $117,900 - USD $144,100
Zone D: USD $113,900 - USD $139,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.