Product Risk & Controls Lead, Cash App
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Cash App Product Compliance Team is looking for a Product Risk and Controls Lead to lead the charge in building the risk and control environment for Cash App's products and features. You will enable the Cash App business by bringing greater awareness and visibility into the areas of risk impacting the product, while helping to identify and document mitigating controls. You will partner with Product Managers and other Compliance professionals to understand how the products/features operate, and ensure there is a well documented library of relevant risks and corresponding controls on an ongoing basis (both before the launch of new products, and throughout the product's lifecycle). You will use your knowledge across risk and compliance domains including: Consumer Protection, Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy, Security, Sanctions, Network Rules, along with federal and state regulations and requirements (i.e., Regulation E, money transmission requirements, ACH) to ensure comprehensive coverage of risk and control identification.
You will report to the Head of Product Compliance and will play a pivotal role in helping to build compliant, world class digital products and features.
- Establish a product risk and controls framework and program;
- Partner with Enterprise Governance Teams to help build relevant policies and procedures related to controls management
- Help educate Product Managers and others on risk and controls management;
- Support Product Managers and other Compliance professionals in identifying and documenting mitigating controls;
- Create and maintain an inventory of product risks and controls. In the event exceptions or issues are identified, work with Product Teams to strengthen controls to prevent recurrence;
- Work with other Compliance partners to ensure comprehensive identification of launch risks/requirements and controls prior to the launch of new products and features
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and developments in the industry
- Identify and communicate applicable metrics, KPIs and KRIs for the leadership review
- Participate in annual risk assessments and audits
- 10+ years of experience working in the risk and controls space;
- Experience working in the financial services industry (in particular in payments or other financial technology companies);
- Experience building and maintaining strong cross functional relationships with Policy and Product Teams;
- Well rounded understanding of risk and compliance domains impacting Cash App
- Track record for building new, scalable programs
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.