Business Analyst, Sales Strategy
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Los Angeles, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Strategy & Analytics team within Sales & Account Management is building the data-driven programs and technology to increase team efficiency and improve the experience of businesses that use Square's ecosystem of products. We are a team of Analysts, Technical Program Managers, and Program Managers, who work with Sales and AM team members, as well as Automation, Marketing, and Customer Success to drive progress against our organizational and company-wide priorities.
As a Business Analyst focusing on Sales, you will identify areas of opportunity to increase new seller acquisition, improve the efficiency and impact of the team, develop metrics and data visualizations to understand team performance, and contribute to our global growth strategy. We're looking for individuals who have experience with diving into data, summarizing trends, and making an impact.
- Use data to lead analysis and actionable recommendations to shape program design, operations, and strategy
- Partner with Sales leadership to set performance targets, define KPIs, create scalable reporting, and provide insight to drivers of pacing against goals
- Collaborate with Marketing to drive top-of-funnel growth & conversion across markets
- Evaluate the performance of new and existing lead generation channels and influence strategic seller acquisition initiatives
- Drive ROI & capacity analysis to understand channel efficiency and inform resourcing and future investments across Sales programs
- 2-4 years of analytical experience in analytics, banking, business operations, consulting, or finance
- Mastery with data, analytics, and visualization technologies - Snowflake SQL and Looker equivalents
- Experience applying quantitative analysis and logical reasoning to influence outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships and across the organization
- Highly analytical, can find trends and summarize important insights from ambiguous data sets
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $106,200 - USD $129,800
Zone C: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
Zone D: USD $85,700 - USD $104,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.