Technical Project Manager Business Continuity
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Chicago, United States
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) will work with both Business and Engineering at Square. You will have an in-depth understanding of the technical architecture at Square to organize documentation and reporting of Business Continuity and Privacy efforts across a large organization. This role will include the implementation of recovery planning and testing efforts, as well as the facilitation of cross-functional data privacy projects. You will report to the company Business Continuity Manager as part of the Privacy Counsel Team.
- Apply project management skills to the implementation of Business Continuity and Privacy best practices for product teams, subsidiaries, and acquisitions both domestically and internationally
- Develop, improve, and maintain standardized documentation to be used by both Engineering and Business and ensure that documentation meets the requirements of industry standards
- Coordinate and facilitate Business Impact Analyses across a large number of products and services
- Drive progress of testing of critical applications and report on it regularly
- Design and conduct exercises to assure business team strategies and plans can be executed as designed and to train teams in the execution of those strategies to assure roles, responsibilities and plans are clearly understood
- Prioritize and implement new and existing privacy regulations between Counsel and Engineering
- Maintain incident response reporting requirements to regulatory authorities
- Improve the efficiency of Privacy metric tracking and reporting by working with Engineering and Counsel
Understand industry standards outlined by:
- International Standards Organization (ISO) 22301:2012 terminology Federal Financial Institutions Examinations Council (FFIEC)
- A passion for Square and our customers with an understanding of our business
- A BA/BS
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management working at a technology-based company
- Experience reporting on metrics
- An understanding of operational best practices with a focus on data privacy
- Privacy related work experience such as GDPR or CCPA implementation
- You have an engineering background in operations or software development.
- Previous experience working with international teams
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $174,900 - USD $213,700
Zone C: USD $165,700 - USD $202,500
Zone D: USD $156,400 - USD $191,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.