Executive Assistant Manager, Counsel
- Remote, DC, United States
- Employees can work remotely
At Block, the Executive Operations team extends our executive's reach to strengthen connections within and beyond their teams, with a focus on team building, transparency, and cultivating a happy and healthy workplace. While we draw strength and efficiency from our centralized EO team, we have the ability to embed ourselves in the teams we support. This allows us to be strategic partners, ensuring their critical path is always clear and illuminated. We are a center of excellence for Block, inspiring our teams as operational experts who bring our diverse skill sets to the table.
You will join the Foundational Executive Operations Team, taking on a much-needed body of work balancing both EA responsibilities and people management. We are looking for a leader who has a natural passion for learning and mentorship, paired with the skills to execute at a high level with integrity.
- Provide administrative and strategic partnership to our Head of Corporate Affairs, who leads all Public Policy and Communications activities at Block.
- Be the executive's right hand by attending important meetings, taking notes, being an active participant and knowledgeable resource, help compile and prepare material and agendas for team meetings, such as all-hands presentations and events, ensuring executive preparation and effectiveness.
- Find new and efficient ways to create work processes to help maximize your executives' time, including weekly and quarterly reporting, goal-tracking, and team meetings.
- Oversee special projects and strategic initiatives at the direction of the executive.
- Identify and own opportunities for process development to maximize efficiency for the EA team, the executive and workflows.
- Manage annual and incremental budget planning processes, team-wide load balancing, identifying trends and recommending systemic improvements.
- Lead the team of Executive Assistants within our Comms & Policy team, with varying levels of experience and responsibility, maintaining a safe and diverse working environment for all team members.
- Manage administrative responsibilities for directs, including time keeping, process approvals, performance management, hiring, and onboarding.
- Foster directs' professional development through dynamic mentorship, and advocacy, varying across the needs of each direct report.
- Work within our centralized Executive Operations team to provide support, mentorship, and guidance to enhance the team as a whole.
- 7+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role; ideally with both small and large scale technology companies.
- 2+ years of direct or indirect people management experience.
- The ability to organize, analyze, and prioritize executive workflows, often using and interpreting data.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.