Head of Talent, Cash App
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Talent Acquisition is a strategic function that enables Cash App’s growth, shapes the company culture, and identifies the talent we need to be successful.
As the Head of Talent for our Cash App business unit, you will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy for the global recruiting team. You will partner closely with senior executives to design and execute recruiting strategies and programs that support the entire global business as it scales. You will also work closely with leaders throughout the People organization, influencing key partners and driving new and ongoing initiatives from ideation to completion.
- Develop and lead a global talent acquisition organization that includes recruiting, sourcing, operations and talent enablement
- Build a progressive talent strategy and roadmap, partnering closely across the Cash App executive staff and cross-functional partners
- Design the operational infrastructure needed for efficient and effective talent programs and systems at scale
- Partner with Cash App Executives, HR and Finance to effectively plan and monitor headcount, attrition and hiring goals
- Create a thoughtful, clear metrics-driven approach that tracks, monitors, and evaluates the impact and effectiveness of all programs and hiring activity
- Ensure that our talent acquisition strategy, resourcing models and approaches are poised to pivot and rapidly scale
- Drive overall success of team including managing prioritization, delegation, and overall accountability of team
- Think creatively and bring an innovation framework to talent acquisition
- Experience leading and empowering large scale talent organizations (100+) with an emphasis on building high performing teams and inclusive cultures
- A passion for people development and a track record of coaching and motivating high performing teams
- Demonstrated success partnering with senior leaders across multiple disciplines to meet aggressive hiring goals
- A perspective on and deep belief of the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of the hiring and recruitment process
- Experience building a global recruiting infrastructure, including processes and tools
- Experience with leading and implementation of large transformational initiatives
- A value of metrics and storytelling and can marry the two to create compelling narratives
- A data-driven approach to decision-making that leads to increased operational efficiency and effectiveness
- A growth mindset and proven ability to think of creative solutions
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
Zone B: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
Zone C: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
Zone D: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.