Compliance Program Lead, COM (Customer Onboarding & Management)
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are looking for a Compliance Program Manager to join Block and support the continued growth of our Customer Onboarding and Management (COM) Program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by building an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the company. You will report to the Head of COM.
You will support the Compliance team by contributing to the design and effectiveness of preventative and detective measures to enable proper detection and ongoing review as part of COM programs. You will collaborate with Compliance Operations leads, Legal, Product Managers, and other relevant partners to ensure our program complies with all applicable laws and regulations across jurisdictions and has the infrastructure to execute. You will demonstrate excellent regulatory, process and systems design, data analytics, and documentation abilities.
- Lead a team of COM Program Managers to ensure execution on the development of the COM program
- Evaluate current operational processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices
- Evaluate Sanctions and BSA/AML CDD and EDD requirements for new and existing products or features
- Build tactical and scalable solutions for operational teams to manage compliance tasks and risks as it relates to the crypto program
- Establish relationships and trust with Global Product and Compliance leaders
- Draft and maintain relevant documentation and content for changes to the program in accordance with regulatory updates, new products, and overall Compliance team policies and procedures
- Oversee end-to-end implementation of operational changes, and communicate with leadership and other relevant partners
- Stay informed of regulatory developments, industry trends and Block roadmaps to guide decisions
- Define metrics to measure success of strategic programs, and report on their progress
- 5+ years as a project or program manager with direct experience in BSA/AML compliance and crypto
- 3+ years of experience managing teams of Program or Project Managers
- Analytical and metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Knowledge in Sanctions and BSA/AML regulations, risks and typologies
- Experience with Cryptocurrency regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A mindset to deliver results proactively, resourcefully, and methodically
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, and CRCM)
- Experience with SQL or Looker
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.