Product Designer, Commerce Foundations
- Alternate Location: Salt Lake City, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As the foundational layer of Square's platform, Commerce Foundations serves all applications introduced into Square's seller ecosystem. We deliver the primary components our customers need to establish their identity, secure their data, and manage their real-world businesses on Square. In this high-visibility role, you'll work in close collaboration with a diverse team of UX researchers, product managers, engineers, and data analysts. You will define and deliver a long-term vision for account management and security.
As a Product Designer at Square, you will lead the end-to-end design process, including primary research, information architecture, rapid prototyping, and high-polish visual design to influence the product roadmap.
You will report to the Design Lead for Commerce Foundations and work with a team of three Product Designers.
- Create end-to-end product design approaches on features that empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
- Guide design execution, improve the seller experience, and work with team members (think product managers and engineers) to launch features.
- Think holistically about complex systems, empathize with users, and understand goals to create compelling user experiences
- Around 5 years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills in which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- Experience connecting your design work with product, team, and company goals
- You can connect your work to larger team or company initiatives.
- You plan, scope, and create work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- You think holistically about complex systems, empathize with users, and understand goals to create compelling user experiences.
- You propose and participate in usability and field research
- You work on challenging, wide-reaching projects for your team
- You communicate your ideas and work to your direct team and other teams
- You know when to compromise without sacrificing user experience or design principles
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.