Accounts Receivable Accountant
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Corporate Revenue Accounting team is looking to hire an Accounts Receivable Accountant based in San Francisco or remotely that will be an important contributor to our growing team. You will be a part of the accounts receivable organization and will be responsible for invoicing, cash applications, accounting reconciliations, and other tasks. The ideal candidate is highly efficient in accounts receivable duties and genuinely enjoys working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. You will report to a Revenue Team Lead, and work with six geographically distributed peers.
- Ensure that invoices, cash receipts, and other accounts receivable tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare month-end journal entries and supporting schedules and reconciliations
- Partner with the business to ensure accurate accounts receivable balances and to enhance the current processes
- Continuously improve business processes, systems, and enhance documentation and controls as part of our SOX compliance efforts
- Work with diverse and cross functional teams, domestically and internationally
- Partner with the Finance & Strategy team to investigate variances between actual results and forecasts and assist in the budgeting process as needed
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors
- Complete special projects as needed
- A passion for our mission of economic empowerment, and an interest in technology/knowledge of our industry
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Previous role(s) should include accounts receivable operational tasks within Oracle or similar ERP
- 3+ years of accounts receivable/accounting experience
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $37.50 - USD $45.87
Zone B: USD $34.86 - USD $42.64
Zone C: USD $31.88 - USD $38.99
Zone D: USD $28.13 - USD $34.38
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.