Operations Program Manager, Bitcoin Hardware
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
The BTC Hardware team is looking for a full-time employee to join our growing team. You will use operational management experience to take full ownership of factory activities at our selected CM(s) to manufacture our BTC hardware products. During NPI they will lead our factory operations from prototype to ramp, while working with Engineering and Global Supply Managers to resolve product, quality, and process issues. In production they will work with Supply/Demand planners to help implement buffer strategy and track supply status to set and meet MPS based on product demand. You will also partner with a variety of cross functional team members to ensure ongoing production post ramp all the way to end of life.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, planning, & product marketing to ensure that final product supply can meet demand.
- Collaborate with the same cross-functional team to coordinate product launch timing
- Build relationships with CM(s) to ensure and a predictable supply.
- Manage overall capacity plan, including coordination of equipment, fixture & materials for ramp
- Work with the engineering, quality, and product teams to identify risks and opportunities in manufacturing / production
- Be responsible for operational readiness of new production
- Provide initial assessment for manufacturability (Dfx) of early product designs
- Drive manufacturing efficiency and yield improvements for post-ramp products
- Work with GSMs to ensure component supply matches the build plan and identify cost reduction opportunities
- Work with the hardware engineering team during development to prepare for EVT, DVT, PVT & ramp. This includes: factory support & build-readiness prep
- Minimum 5 years experience in a supply chain or similar operations role.
- Product development or relevant engineering experience (preferred)
- Familiarity with consumer electronics manufacturing processes: SMT and FATP
- Enthusiastic to dig into challenges that are outside of your expertise
- Collaborative: can work as a team, ask questions, and share information
- Flexible: have the desire to help partner teams when boundaries may be ambiguous
- Willingness to travel ~15% of the time
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.