Recovery Specialist, Square Financial Services
The Square Financial Services (SFS) team is looking for a Recovery Specialist to provide support and risk mitigation within the business financing space. The SFS team at Square is responsible for safely providing funds to our customers to help them grow their businesses. You will provide support to Square merchants with their Square Loans, and become a leader in loan repayment and collections efforts. You love helping businesses grow and finding creative ways to manage risk while improving our client experience.
You will report to a SFS Collections lead, and your working hours will be 8:00--5:00 pm PT.
- Drive projects that improve SFS operations and surface opportunities to improve tools, workflow, and customer experience
- Conduct data analysis and report metrics on portfolio health, repayment, and recovery performance
- Monitor numerous queues for Square Financial Services merchants who are past due or in default
- Communicate with merchants via email and phone to resolve past due and default situations
- Resolve complex issues both autonomously and in a team environment
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML/Compliance Procedures and perform BSA/AML/Compliance Procedure duties as required by job function
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $34.09 - USD $41.68
Zone B: USD $31.73 - USD $38.75
Zone C: USD $28.99 - USD $35.43
Zone D: USD $25.58 - USD $31.25
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.