Financial & Corporate Communications Lead, Global Communications Team
- San Franicsco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Our Global Communications team communicates with the world Block's purpose of economic empowerment and our mission to empower businesses and individuals with easy-to-use, elegant tools that give them an advantage where they previously had none.
Block is looking for a Financial & Corporate Communications Lead to join the Corporate Communications function, which protects and advocates for Block's brand globally. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications, you will work with executives and teams across Block, including finance, investor relations, legal, government relations, corporate development, marketing and our partners within Square, Cash App, TIDAL and TBD. We are looking for creativity, and the ability to change course quickly and perform in high-stress situations.
- Lead communications for Block's quarterly earnings announcements and other important company business and financial-related events and announcements, including M&A, treasury investments, financial filings, Investor Days.
- Partner directly with members of Block's executive team, advising on messaging, media engagements, and expertise, driving the end-to-end business narrative across external communications.
- Protect Block's reputation and address complex, potentially controversial public issues affecting us, our executives and the board.
- Manage ongoing media relations for corporate functions; maintain relationships with essential national business, financial and technology press.
- Work with many teams inside Block, including finance, investor relations, legal, government relations, product, design, internal communications, and others.
- Develop written materials, including company messaging and statements, press releases, communications plans, FAQs, and other collateral.
- Be a spokesperson on crucial media interactions, including crisis communications and issues that might affect our business and corporate reputation.
- Oversee corporate announcements.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) at least 7 years relevant work experience, either at a PR agency or on an in-house communications team.
- Previous communications experience with a consumer financial technology company or publicly-traded companies.
- Experience pitching financial, business and technology publications.
- An understanding of the bigger-picture and experience advancing company narratives in the down-cycles between corporate announcements.
- Summarize complex concepts to create essential messages that are consistent but tailored to multiple partners.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Skills in shaping and implementing simultaneous projects.
- Experience working with senior leadership and teams across an organization, including finance, legal, corporate development, investor relations, product, engineering, business, and customer support.
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and a belief in our mission.
- An appreciation of the Oxford comma.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.