Senior HR Business Partner Lead, Engineering
- Jackson, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Our HR Business Partners support specific teams, working with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict and performance management, organizational development and more. HR Business Partners are instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs within specific functions
We're looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to guide people and programs across one or our key product development disciplines. You are one who is interested in making a significant impact in one of the most valued and visible groups in the company. You will be working with senior business leaders to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice concerning organizational development, performance management, coaching/development, compensation, employee relations, conflict management, training and more. You're comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks.
- Partner directly with senior-level leaders to develop and implement HR policies to support the strategic growth of the business
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of organizational development, feedback, performance management, employee relations, development and coaching
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution
- Work with the HR team to champion and accelerate a culture in which people feel engaged and inspired to provide top business results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Lead core HR processes (eg, performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions)
- Analyze different types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision- making and provide proactive solutions to client groups
- Partner with HRBP and Learning & Programs colleagues to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility and job performance
- Minimum 10 years' experience in an HR Generalist or HRBP role
- Experience supporting Engineering Teams
- Experience managing other HRBPs
- A history of partner alignment to build and improve company culture and increase employee engagement
- Performance management and employee relations experience
- Coaching and facilitation skills
- A deep knowledge of HR programs and practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Experience as a strategic partner with dynamic, challenging responsibilities in a global 3,000+ employee company
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.