Sr. Disputes Specialist, Cash App
- Remote, MO, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Cash App seeks a highly motivated and organized individual to join our support team. As a member of the Tier 2 Disputes team you will work on various projects that support the disputes process as well as disputes specialist. Agents performing in this role will work on everything from responding to third party escalations to supporting specialists in onboarding and the help channel. This role will help shape and optimize processes that support the scaling of Cash App Dispute. This role requires dealing with ambiguity, problem solving, and the ability to be flexible while learning on the fly. The way we do this is:
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams, third party vendors, and the Risk Disputes team to support operational projects such as onboarding, help channel and processes that require a high level of detail.
- Support the scaling needs of Risk Disputes through onboarding new members of the team as well as providing excellent help channel support.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholder teams to optimize our processes and enhance our systems to best support our customers.
You will be empowered to own both ongoing and new processes, ensuring a high level of detail and flexibility to changes made by our third party vendor and internal Cash App teams.
- Handle high-value Dispute cases and claims.
- Coach/Mentor specialist/partner via Live Agent Support
- Assist in onboarding new team members
- Represent Disputes team on channel-level projects when needed
- Coordinate data collection and delivery for third-party in dispute resolution
- Foster a culture of accountability, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence, and fun.
- Collaborate on and escalate complex cases within the team for guidance and assistance.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to other specialists and new agents within the team.
- Work cross-functionally with Cash App teams on process implementation and improvement.
- Commitment to operational excellence and high quality work.
- Experience in a disputes customer facing role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes while working both independently and collaboratively within an evolving business.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the candidate's work location and may be may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $29.60
Zone B: USD $27.25
Zone C: USD $24.00
Zone D: USD $22.21
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.