Workplace Experience Manager
As the Scottsdale Workplace Experience Manager (WPX), your role is to ensure that the office is functional every day, while building an environment that connects Block employees to each other and the community. You will report into a Regional Workplace Team Lead, and collaborate with partners across the company to help deliver an outstanding workplace experience. As a WPX manager, you are a creative problem solver with knowledgeable about the local small business community.
- Facilitate daily workplace operations.
- Build localized programs that connect Blocks with each other and their communities
- Partner with our teams (Culinary, IT, Trust & Safety, Facilities, Events, AV, etc) to ensure those areas of the office and our events fun successfully.
- Collaborate with our central services team to ensure we are building a global workplace experience program.
- Create meaningful connections and experiences among employees, potential candidates and guests.
- Build trusted relationships with local teams, site leads, and community partners.
- Lead the team seating moves, adds, and changes process.
- Manage the office budget and reconciling it monthly.
- Manage work order queue and ensure team is resolving all workplace tickets following established service level agreements.
- Coordinate vendor relationships on site (janitorial, culinary, plants, and facilities).
- Create inspiring, engaging, and purposeful experiences that contribute back to our Square seller ecosystem and company purpose of economic empowerment.
- Collaborate with Workplace Experience Managers across the globe.
- 5+ years of experience as Office Operations Manager, Project manager, Workplace Experience Manager, or Community operations.
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, and strong public speaking skills
- Demonstrated administrative experience supporting a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working on multiple different projects and prioritizing tasks.
- Experience managing vendors and executing events.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs to assist with deliveries and furniture moves.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $94,400 - USD $115,400
Zone B: USD $87,800 - USD $107,400
Zone C: USD $80,300 - USD $98,100
Zone D: USD $70,800 - USD $86,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.