Global Sanctions Regulatory Program Manager
The Corporate Compliance team's objective is to further Block’s mission of economic empowerment while keeping bad actors from using our platform. You will support the Global Head of Sanctions in reporting enterprise-level program risk to help us achieve these goals.
As the Global Sanctions Regulatory Program Manager, you’re developing compliance expertise to help combat sanctions risk across the organization, using existing tools and analyzing data to drive truly innovative insights for the Global Sanctions Compliance Program.
- Support global program requirements to file block/reject property reports, monitor vendor assurances, conduct annual screening engine tuning and analyses, and review automated screening controls.
- Conduct enhanced due diligence investigations that support the global sanctions and trade programs. This could include reviewing international travel inquiries, global procurement, mergers and acquisitions, and other incoming requests.
- Review trends in operational quality control, identify investigatory best practices to ensure consistent, high quality standards across business units, and drive business efficiency by adopting and applying industry leading investigation tools.
- Collaborate with others to drive components of the E2E Compliance Framework.
- 3+ years economic sanctions experience
- Experience drafting and maintaining content within a highly regulated environment
- Experience in leveraging open source methods to identify the nature of a business or an individual.
- Experience conducting cross-border or non-US centric reviews.
- Experience using technology that guides scalable solutions in the global sanctions compliance space
- Strong writing skills
- A mindset to deliver results proactively, resourcefully, and methodically
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.