Senior HR Business Partner Lead
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Our HR Business Partners (HRBP)support specific teams, working closely with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict and performance management, organizational development and more. HRBPs are instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs and initiatives within specific functions.
We’re looking for a Senior HRBP Lead to drive people and business initiatives across Square. You are someone who is interested in making a significant impact in one of the most valued and visible groups in the company and excels in a fast-paced, high engagement environment with extraordinary desire to innovate. You will work closely with business leaders to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice with respect to employee relations, performance management, coaching, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and more. You’re comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks. You will report to Square's HR Lead.
- Partner with mid-level management and senior executives to develop and implement effective HR policies and practices to support the strategic growth of the business
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of compensation, feedback, performance management, employee relations, development and coaching, and organizational development
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Collaborate with the People team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results
- Develop multi-year people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Lead core HR processes such as performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions
- Analyze and interpret various types of employee reports (eg, compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision-making and provide proactive solutions to client groups
- Partner with HRBP and Learning & Programs colleagues to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility and job performance
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in HR and prior experience leading teams
- Relevant experience building and improving company culture and increasing employee engagement, and expertise in performance management
- Superb communication skills, including effective facilitation, listening and writing
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective coaching and facilitation skills and ability to influence colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of HR programs and practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Track record of strategic partnering with business leaders on multi-year company or org-wide people initiatives
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.