Digital Designer, Restaurants
- Alternate Location: Portland, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio***
Square is looking for a designer to join our product marketing team working on one of our most important products, Square for Restaurants. You will work on projects involving web pages, email campaigns, digital banners, and all aspects of go-to-market campaigns. You will be an important contributor to the Square for Restaurants creative team, working with a range of disciplines including copy, design technology, art direction, and more.
You will be a part of a versatile team of passionate creatives dedicated to bringing the Square brand and products to market in inspiring ways. We do this through research, strategy, ideation, experimentation and execution on all touchpoints of the marketing funnel, including campaigns, photoshoots, print, digital ads, social media, performance marketing, product tutorials, online and offline collateral and much more. We work closely with product and marketing teams and have a collective passion toward food, hospitality, community and economic empowerment. This position will report to the Associate Creative Director, and is remote from United States or Canada.
- Design and creatively contribute to a range of projects including web pages, email campaigns, digital banners, and all aspects of go-to-market campaigns (e.g. social media, video, photoshoots, experiential, print)
- Understand and build upon core design principles (e.g. typography, layout, information architecture, and visual hierarchy)
- Create compelling visuals that drives action and performance
- Collaborate with an accomplished group of writers, production artists, design technologists, producers, creative strategists, and performance marketers
- 4+ years experience in a relevant design role
- A portfolio that showcases interactive and digital projects including creative executions across Web, Mobile Web, Native, and Social
- You are naturally curious and passionate about design with the ability to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- You have the ability to advocate for your work, communicate your ideas clearly to your team and accept directional feedback
- You are detailed in your execution but flexible in your approach
- A have a passion for restaurants and food culture
- Animation & prototyping skills
- Video or photography experience
- Strong gif game
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $119,300 - USD $145,900
Zone C: USD $113,000 - USD $138,200
Zone D: USD $106,800 - USD $130,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.