Deployment Lead, CRM
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The CRM Ops team’s mission is to enhance, build and maintain operational excellence through tooling, tech and process. We aim to enhance marketing capabilities across email, push and in-app channels and establish a workflow process for all crossfunctional teams to engage with our users. We’re looking for our very first Deployment Lead to drive company OKRs through the CRM operations, ensuring that holistic end-to-end multichannel campaigns are delivered in North America as a primary focus while there should be oversight globally. They will play an integral part in leading Cash App’s overall digital presence with a unique focus on delivering email and push communications and evolution of related platform technology.
You will build relationships and influence cross-functionally with CRM Marketing Managers, Legal and Compliance, Analytics and Creative to meet ambitious growth CRM targets. Our Deployment Lead will be responsible for building the framework for managing and deploying communications to users via owned, digital channels across Cash App and Afterpay channels. You will develop, optimize, and update processes that are essential to scale while maintaining transparency to all stakeholders and continue to make recommendations for enhancements to efficiency and socialize for buy-in by all teams.
- Build / ship, troubleshoot, and understand day to day responsibilities at a granular level.
- Own feedback loop with Infra & Data Ops of surfacing what is and isn’t working for our business needs
- Manage resourcing/sprint process of projects across regions and teams
- Mentor and lead direct reports for growth and skill development
- Advanced understanding of creative briefs and what they should communicate as well as where changes are logged in order to maintain consistency across the process
- Develop and optimize process, SLAs, and other key performance indicators to ensure the deployment team is shipping work in an efficient, timely, and high quality manner
- Manage, update and document all process changes for scale
- Drive standardization and consistency across the entire CRM operation and maintain database integrity
- Manage and lead multiple work streams and programs in a highly organized and transparent manner
- Use Data & Insights to continually optimize and drive growth and performance of strategy and tactics
- Maintains deliverable lists, and distributes a weekly status of project priorities to team members
- Facilitate project presentations independently to senior stakeholder level and manage project communications across functions and matrixed teams
- Track project progress, responsible for schedule development, maintenance, and communication of status. Manages all project communications and documentation in a meticulous and timely fashion
- Distill and articulate defined business strategy and proposed solutions to the project team
- Identify risks and dependencies in cross-functional program plans, and take appropriate action to mitigate risks and manage stakeholder expectations
- 5+ years experience in the marketing field specializing in CRM or data-driven marketing
- At least 5 years of demonstrable experience guiding both engineering and creative teams through complex projects (interactive agency experience is helpful)
- Proven track record of flawless execution that drove performance and achieved KPIs
- Deep understanding of digital marketing process for flexibility and growth
- Working knowledge of platform integrations like Segment, Movable Ink, Appsflyer are a plus
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize based on risk assessment and return on investment
- Familiarity with digital communication platforms and technologies with a strong emphasis in managing email and push campaigns
- Extensive experience and knowledge of modular email templates and specs
- Results-driven, comfortable with large data-sets and able to identify actionable trends and insights
- Proven track record running projects that drive results and developing processes to continually improve
- You’re strategic and analytical in your thinking and a strong communicator with your team and cross-functional teams and are a trusted advisor on CRM processes
- You’re a creative, empathetic, and strong people leader and coach to your team
- You work effectively and build positive relationships with colleagues and cross-functional teams
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.