Head of Compliance / MLRO - France Branch
Clearpay S.A.U is a Spanish payment entity supervised by the Bank of Spain looking for someone to join its French Branch as its Head of Compliance to lead strategic goals to ensure we are fulfilling all regulatory obligations. You will be based in France and report to the headquarters compliance team located in Spain. You will lead all compliance management activities relating to regulatory, payment services, consumer credit, and money laundering / terrorist financing/sanctions risk for the French Branch. You will direct all activities within the compliance team to oversee all applicable compliance policies and programs, work with regulators, and provide strategic guidance on plans.
- Provide strategic insights, guidance, and decisions on compliance matters to protect our company, products, and our customers
- Develop policy and operational procedures reflecting business and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate our processes to identify compliance risks and implement actions to address them.
- Set and accomplish strategic, tactical, and operational goals according to timelines
- Build and advocate for product compliance requirements.
- Responsible for suspicious activity/transaction reporting to TRACFIN (declarant and correspondent).
- Maintain, scale, and improve compliance programs
- Lead independent assessments related to Clearpay’s compliance programs
- Represent the voice of compliance with essential internal partners including senior and executive managers along with the Board of Directors
- Be the primary compliance contact with all external partners and maintain partner relationships
- Develop and roll out both AML and non-financial crime compliance training to ensure Clearpay EU staff has training and support to allow them to discharge their responsibilities.
- Train branch staff on Anti-Money Laundering, and Countering Terrorist Financing driving a culture of compliance with laws and regulations in pursuit of the highest ethical standards for our customers, employees and shareholders.
- Lead and provide strategic advice in any internal or external AML audit.
- Monitor regulatory change (compliance horizon), provide technical guidance to the business on relevant regulatory issues that impact our compliance program, and assist where needed with implementing regulatory developments.
- Oversee the complaints team activity and conduct review processes designed to ensure complaints conform to regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Define and support the implementation of incoming regulations (i.e. PSD2, Bank of France guidance, EU regulations, etc.)
- Support marketing teams in the development and implementation of marketing campaigns according to relevant regulations.
- Work with legal teams and external advisors to understand applicable regulations and regulatory risks associated with launching or changing products and also with key stakeholders to identify and record controls and important risks and provide guidance on control design and effectiveness.
- Develop an ongoing compliance risk assessment program for domestic and international activities and contribute to product-specific compliance risk analysis.
- Support new products approval process, including compliance risk pillar and controls assessment
- Support development, monitoring, and implementation of incoming regulations in close coordination with other Compliance and operational excellence teams.
- Build culture by placing emphasis on growth and strategy
- In-depth knowledge of the EU Money Laundering Directives, Payment Services Regulations (PSD2/SCA); consumer lending, EBA outsourcing framework, and marketing & advertising regulations.
- At least 8 years of proven experience in a senior compliance management role
- Experience working with products from a conceptual idea to a full public launch
- Tactical experience in how to manage independent audits and regulatory examinations from ACPR (Bank of France).
- Experience as TRACFIN declarant and correspondent as you will be appointed for that role.
- Experience preparing and submitting regulatory reportings on the ONEGATE portal: (i) AML-FT reporting / internal control reporting; (ii) Reporting on the description of the French Branch's activity; and any other relevant FICP, COSI.
- Manage and strengthen compliance programs, even better if you have built one from step zero.
- Experience with compliance in international markets outside of the EU.
- Knowledge on how to navigate the payments and financial technology space
- Experience to analyze and with convicting, thoughtful decisions
- A clear approach to build road maps across and lead the strategic direction for the team
- A clear management philosophy to grow an organization in a fast-growing business
- Impeccable ethical standards
- Industry certifications (e.g. CAMS, ICA, CESCOM)
- Diploma in Risk Management, Internal Audit & Compliance.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.