Product Marketing Manager, Orders
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Product Marketing Manager ensures that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels and represents the customer's voice in product strategy decisions. The ultimate goal is to make sure we are building the right products for our audiences, and to drive growth and usage of the products within the portfolio.
We are looking for a strategic, creative and data-driven marketer to join Square as a Go-To-Market (GTM) Product Marketing Manager on Square for Retail, a purpose-built Point of Sale solution for retail business owners. Focused on the Order Fulfillment and Machine Learning product areas, you will support the global growth of this SaaS offering, help define marketing and product strategy, product positioning, packaging and pricing, and lead the development & execution of new feature go-to-market plans.
Reporting to the GTM PMM Lead, you will:
- Identify target customers, their order fulfillment, reporting and operational workflow needs, and understand how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage
- Partner and work with Product Management, Design and Engineering to determine the product strategy and feature roadmap
- Develop positioning, value propositions, and messaging to be used in product development and go-to-market campaigns
- Lead go-to-market plans, ensuring that all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing each channel
- Develop lifecycle marketing programs aimed at optimizing product growth and retention
- Track marketing program performance and increase through continuous testing
- Review competitive offerings and promote ongoing differentiation
- Work with partners across a variety of disciplines and teams across a matrixed organization
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market experience
- Previous background in SaaS marketing, preferably with experience in either consumer apps / technologies, early stage startups, or with exposure to small business audiences
- Experience working with product and engineering teams
- Experience working in retail or with retail technology preferred
- Strong quantitative analytical ability
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.