Renewals Lead, North America Enterprise Sales
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Afterpay is looking for a Renewals Lead to join our growing Enterprise & Mid-Market Sales organization. The Renewals Lead will own, drive, and lead the renewals process in collaboration with sales & the account management team to preserve and enhance customer contracts and extend relationships. This includes driving the renewal strategy, customer communication, negotiation, preparing of pricing options, identifying expansion opportunities, revisions to terms and conditions, preparing quotes, navigating internal stakeholders, and obtaining contract signatures.
- Expert at complex negotiations
- Drive the renewal process for some of our largest and most-strategic clients, working in collaboration with the Sales and Account Management team to maximize value to the customer and revenue to Block
- Develop and execute negotiation strategies for account contract renewals that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing the customer relationship
- Maximize account growth opportunities by identifying upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal
- Savvy commercial & revenue-oriented executive
- Close deals that align with Block strategies & business targets
- Maximize revenue potential with each deal closed
- Proven ability to develop renewals program and procedures
- In partnership with cross-functional partners, develop a broader framework and operating model
- Proactively report to senior management on the portfolio of accounts, focusing on goal attainment and recommended course corrections
- Communicate risk clearly and take the lead in developing resolution strategies
- Work closely with finance and legal teams to ensure contract accuracy
- Maintain a rolling forecast and track sales activity in SFDC
- Prepare proposals, including renewal rate calculations, and contract preparation
- Leader & Trusted Delegate
- Act as the representative for the NA Account Management Org in various leadership meetings and in internal and external forums as appropriate.
- Act as the ‘subject matter expert’ in external merchant pitches or account management meetings as appropriate.
8+ years B2B Enterprise Sales, Renewals, Enterprise Account Management, Procurement/contracting experience, or an equivalent customer facing role
Strong negotiation skills
Consistent and proven delivery of attaining quota targets and expert pipeline management
Well-versed in value based solution selling
Passionate about forecast accuracy
Detail-oriented, and you don’t let anything fall through the cracks
Great presentation skills along with high confidence in engaging with decision makers
Powerful communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience with Salesforce
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.