To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Block is looking for an administrative professional to join the Executive Operations team, providing strategic support to three executives, the Global Head of Operations, the Head of North America Direct Customer Success, and GM - Square for Retail. These dynamic Square executives lead growing, complex teams on both Customer Success and Retail. As their Executive Assistant, your mission will be to amplify the impact and success of these Square executives and their teams, which comprise an essential part of Block’s organization.
Block’s Executive Assistants are trusted guides for the leaders of our company. We improve efficiency, promote collaboration, and help execute our strategy. We foster culture and community by helping teams connect and hold each other accountable. As a centralized Executive Operations team, EAs report to EA Managers who, in addition to supporting Block Executives of their own, provide their EA reports with specialized guidance that only a fellow, accomplished Square EA could offer. We embrace and promote a team-first mentality in all aspects of our work.
- Provide shared administrative and strategic support to Square executives within Block, maintaining complex, dynamic calendars requiring thoughtful collaboration with other executives, teams, partners, and EAs
- Be a trusted partner and advisor to executives, attend important meetings, manage agendas, take meeting notes, and track deliverables to execution
- Project-manage multiple initiatives, driving clear and cohesive communications across the executive's distributed team in a remote environment
- Foster team collaboration, communication, and shared learning, and identify opportunities for operational improvement across the organization
- Develop processes that allow teams to move faster and creatively use resources
- Build relationships across your executive's teams and our centralized EO team
- Plan large-scale team events, town hall meetings, and leadership off-sites
- Manage all domestic and International travel to Block offices and conferences
- Use data and insights to improve your executive client's operations and stay ahead of deliverables
- Be a sounding board and trusted partner to your executive client by building trust
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role
- 2+ years experience working with small or large technology companies, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to organize, analyze, and prioritize executive workflows, often applying and interpreting data to make decisions
- The ability to work with many personalities; you are clear, concise, and kind in every interaction
- Full proficiency with Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $66.44 - USD $81.25
Zone B: USD $61.78 - USD $75.53
Zone C: USD $58.51 - USD $71.49
Zone D: USD $53.17 - USD $65.00
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.