Senior Product Designer, Commerce
- Alternate Location: Sydney, Australia
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our growing design team. Our focus is to create world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms and bringing creative solutions into existence in the commerce space.
Our product designers take a product, feature, or experience from ideation to production. This includes vision setting, designing solutions, prototyping, bringing along cross-functional teams, overseeing implementation, and collaborating with other designers, researchers, writers, product managers, analysts, and engineers.
Cash App's commerce team is building an ecosystem where merchants can grow their businesses and customers come to connect with businesses they love. Whether offering top merchant deals or giving customers the ability to buy now and pay later, our team is focused on helping our customers save and spend responsibly. The commerce team has many strategic initiatives that join the Square and Cash App ecosystems, such as Cash App Pay. This new payment option allows our customers to pay with Cash App online or in person at a Square sellers. As a product designer on the Commerce team, you’ll shape strategy, build features, and be looked upon as an expert for some of our most important products.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging solutions
- An innate understanding of the end-to-end design process - from identifying customer needs, jobs-to-be-done and pain points to delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Outstanding UX capabilities, strong visual design competency, and product thinking for mobile centric experiences
- The ability to apply consumer insights and metrics to inform design decisions and influence the product roadmap
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Competence in relevant design and prototyping tools
- Strong systems thinker with the ability to connect the dots across the entire customer ecosystem both on and off our products
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and can clearly & succinctly present concepts to the broader product and design team.
- Experience in being a strategic partner to product teams and idea forming
- Experience mentoring other designers, providing feedback and coaching work
- Previous work experience in a consumer-focused tech organization
- Experience in customer journey mapping and strategic design to complement design foundations
- Familiarity in creating interactive prototypes
Please submit a deck or portfolio of work with your application that showcases your design process from exploratory stages through execution. If your portfolio site requires a password, please provide us with it in your application or on your resume. Thank you!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.