Product Lead, Afterpay App
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We’re looking for an exceptional Product Lead to take the Afterpay App and team to the next level. The Afterpay App has millions of monthly active users around the world who use the app to manage their Afterpay orders and spend limits, discover new merchants, curate shopping lists, find exclusive deals with their favorite brands, and receive & redeem rewards. In the past few years we’ve launched and scaled an advertising business with thousands of happy merchant customers including Nordstrom, Macy’s, Finish Line, Expedia, Amazon, Nike, Walmart, and Target.
This role will be critical to building on the momentum, driving order frequency and app-generated profit to new heights. You will drive significant increases in Afterpay consumer growth, from acquisition & onboarding to engagement to conversion. You will focus on identifying & solving critical problems in users’ shopping journeys, from inspiration & curation to purchase to order management & customer support. And in turn, you will add value to our merchant partners, making Afterpay (and specifically, the Afterpay App) one of their most effective & efficient channels for new customer acquisition.
- Lead a team of PMs to develop innovative, industry-leading, delightful products that uniquely serve Afterpay’s customers and differentiate our products from competitors
- Launch new global consumer engagement programs from 0 → 1, and take fledgling programs from 1 → 100, adding value to consumers, merchants, and the Block business
- Coach, mentor, and develop your PMs into best-in-class leaders of cross-functional teams
- Align key internal & external stakeholders, including Executives, on strategy, prioritization, resourcing, and reporting
- Create, manage, and revise product roadmaps & backlogs that span 12-18 months
- 10+ years of product management or equivalent experience, including 3+ years directly managing PMs
- Experience managing and integrating a diversity of partners and processes into a cohesive set of products
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product strategy & execution based on customer needs
- Diverse experience with 0 → 1 initiatives as well as with optimizing existing products
- Incredible business sense with experience driving initiatives that require deep data analysis as well as working through seams and removing friction
- Experience leading high performing teams that consistently deliver
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills with the ability to define and communicate the ‘big picture’ to key stakeholders at various levels
- Experience working with global distributed teams across time zones (preferred)
- Experience working at both startups & larger established companies (preferred)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.