Security Compliance Manager
Our purpose of economic empowerment guides everything we do at Square. With that purpose in mind, we launched Square Financial Services (SFS), an ILC chartered Bank in 2021, to offer small business loans and FDIC-insured deposit products. Within this team, you’ll be at the forefront of creating a bank that allows customers to thrive. We can’t wait to see what we can build together.
With this new step, we are looking to hire a Security Compliance Manager.
The SFS security team directs and manages the overall cybersecurity and information security programs for the independent banking subsidiary of Block, Inc. We collaborate with teams across the Bank and Block in pursuit of industry-leading controls to manage and mitigate security and technology risks. We are looking for a driven and innovative Security Compliance Manager to support our program as the bank continues to grow and takes on security challenges and compliance obligations.
You will advance our team’s mission as you develop a deep understanding of our products, technologies, security controls, and work with cross-functional teams to measure and evolve our security and compliance posture.
- Manage cross-functional security and compliance evaluation projects, including planning, prioritization, execution, dependency management, and risk analysis.
- Manage a technology controls catalog, including control description documentation, maturity assessments, and improvement roadmaps.
- Become highly knowledgeable with industry regulatory standards such as NACHA, FFIEC, FedNow, NIST, etc.
- Iterate and improve Security Compliance Program documentation including policies, standards, and runbooks.
- Identify and solve security compliance challenges that span multiple teams or areas of ownership.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to find creative ways to improve our Security Compliance Programs while working to mitigate risk.
- Support SFS and Block teams by sharing your experience and expertise in pursuit of industry-leading security and technology compliance management.
- 5+ years of experience with security-related regulatory compliance for financial services or equivalent.
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP) or equivalent demonstrable expertise.
- Experience with security-related program management, GRC program management, and/or security controls audits.
- Familiarity with common industry security frameworks e.g. NIST CSF
- Familiarity with a broad range of enterprise security controls including, but not limited to, networking, cloud infrastructure, asset management, workforce technology, identity/access control, vulnerability management, and zero trust architecture.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.