Head of Trust & Safety
Block is looking for an experienced Head of Trust & Safety to lead all aspects of Block's physical security programs including our Security Specialists, Global Security Operations, Protective Intelligence & Risk, Security Systems, and Crisis Management. Our Trust & Safety team is responsible for promoting the safety and security of Block employees, facilities, and physical assets. You will work with your leadership team, Workplace, Legal, Human Resources, InfoSec, and other partners to promote a safe, productive, and inclusive environment for our global workforce. This role reports directly to Block’s General Counsel.
Ideally, you are an experienced leader and collaborative advisor and partner. You have an innovative, proactive, and practical mindset, holding deep expertise in all aspects of security and you thrive on solving the challenges inherent in a dynamic, high-growth tech environment.
- Lead, direct, and execute the Global Safety and Security Operations strategy.
- Cultivate a team culture of high-performance, engagement, and operational excellence at scale.
- Collaborate with partners within Block, and interface with external vendors and industry groups.
- Develop and scale Block's enterprise security infrastructure, which includes responding to audit requests.
- Oversee an operations team that maintains global situational awareness around-the-clock in addition to preparing and mitigating risk within the operational environment for the business.
- Guide business leaders and manage teams responsible for identifying, evaluating, and developing innovative solutions related to the safety and security of our employees and facilities.
- Develop, integrate, and oversee culturally attuned policies, programs, and procedures such as Global Safety and Security Operations, security risk assessments and environmental, health and safety programs, including the mitigation, remediation, and reporting of security incidents.
- Establish, track, and report strategic and operating metrics.
- Be accountable for the assessment, acquisition, and implementation of leading technology to keep our employees, facilities, and operations safe and secure.
- Work with law enforcement at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Advise on and manage your team in supporting strategic growth projects, including M&A, the creation of new business units, and other impactful initiatives or transactions.
- Be a thought leader for the Counsel leadership team, contributing to counsel strategy, company and team priorities, and team development.
- 15+ years of security experience including 10+ years of management experience at scale.
- A demonstrated ability to lead at scale, pivot and adapt, prioritize, take action, and provide clear direction in the face of ambiguity.
- Deep understanding of security risks across global operating environments, and the ability to react to and manage such risks.
- Experience with global security operations, threat intelligence, physical security, security systems, and investigations, including a full understanding of evidentiary standards.
- Experience managing a global team, including strategic planning, career development, and resource allocation.
- A team mindset, with ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with members at all levels of the organization.
- A strong bias for action and demonstrated experience setting and achieving performance goals with cross-functional dependencies in a time-sensitive environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, including executive communication skills and confidence with public speaking, and the ability to simplify complex issues and provide proactive advice and practical solutions that can be operationalized.
- The ability and willingness to travel as needed.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone B: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone C: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone D: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.