Principal Data Analyst
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The CCO Analytics team is a one-stop data team focused on meeting operational needs as the business scales. We’re working hard to build the infrastructure and dashboarding solutions needed to keep Cash going strong.
As a Senior Data Analyst for CCO, you will use your skills to support the organization's and leadership stakeholders' data needs. You will build data visualizations that provide insights into how the business is performing, and impactful insights that will drive the business forward. You will drive QA efforts for all CCO data developments such as Reports, ETLs and Dashboards. You will manage data governance efforts and have the drive to improve the business and provide insightful data that will help people become key participants in the economy.
- Conduct organizational, operational, financial, and analytical studies
- Be a primary contact for executive stakeholders within CCO, driving high-business initiatives and answering high-level business questions for leadership across all data verticals
- Work with various stakeholders and provide them with executive level reports that indicate the pulse and health of their line of business
- Analyze trends, provide insights and gather recommendations, narrative and statistical reports
- Develop QA processes and perform in-depth QA for CS data verticals, to ensure completeness and accuracy, while ensuring optimization techniques and practices are followed for ETLs, scripts and dashboards
- Produce ad-hoc data analysis that answers pivotal questions about the business
- Develop control structures to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Monitor data governance leading processes, policies and standards
- Identify process improvement opportunities for the data analytics team
- 5+ years of analytics experience or equivalent, preferably in an operations environment, or a related degree
- 3+ years of working with customer success CX metrics/KPIs
- 3+ years managing executive level stakeholder relationships and providing executive level reporting
- 2+ years of managing data governance efforts experience in a support or financial organization
- Robust Customer Experience Metrics Best Practices knowledge
- Strong business analysis and writing skills
- Tableau Certification or Data Visualization tool Certification
- Ability to communicate and partner with both business and technical teams
- Advanced technical skills including, but not limited to, SQL, Tableau, Looker and cloud environments
- Clear understanding of statistical knowledge such as, but not limited to, A/B testing, linear regression, ANOVA
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and strategic mindset
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.