Chief Risk Officer
We are looking for a Chief Risk Officer to join our team, supporting the European Square and Cash App businesses. This is a critical role overseeing our European enterprise risk function. You will be based in the Dublin office but will have the option to work remotely (from anywhere in Ireland).
- Oversee the European enterprise risk function.
- Cultivate and embed a strong enterprise risk management culture across the business and assist first line of defence in the identification, assessment and mitigation of risks.
- Develop the enterprise risk management framework and related policies and processes, ensuring they meet regulatory expectations and are tailored to the business, while also enhancing operational efficiencies.
- Develop and embed the key risk Indicator framework.
- Perform analysis of enterprise risk data to identify insights, trends and emerging risks.
- Ensure risks and business activities undertaken are monitored and assessed on a regular basis aligning with set risk appetites and overall risk exposure.
- Maintain relevant European legal entities' risk registers.
- Ensure clear reporting procedures in place and train all lines of defense on escalation procedures.
- Monitor the effectiveness of risk management systems including escalation and reporting processes.
- Oversee all outsourced risk management processes and third-party service provider relationships.
- Work with other second line of defense functions.
- Advise the relevant board of directors on risk appetite statements and exposure limits and the execution of overall enterprise risk strategies.
- Prepare and present quarterly risk reports for the relevant board of directors.
- Prepare any mitigation or remediation plans for risks falling outside prescribed risk appetites.
- Engage with and form an necessary part of the European leadership team.
- Maintain strong relationships with relevant financial regulators.
- 10+ years' experience as a risk professional at a payment/e-money institution, FinTech, financial services firm and/or professional service firm serving financial institution clients.
- Demonstrated ability to report directly to board of directors and senior team members.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex information in a simple and clear manner.
- Experience managing projects and scaling processes with company growth.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across all levels of the organisation.
This role has been identified as a Pre-Controlled Function (PCF14) position by the Central Bank of Ireland. Any offer is subject to, and conditional upon, satisfactory completion of fitness and probity checks in accordance with the Central Bank Reform Act 2010
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.