Content Designer, Customer Point of Sale
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Square Point of Sale and Customers team is looking for a Content Designer for Square's core Point of Sale, Invoices, Bill Pay, and Franchise Suite products. You will partner closely with product designers, product managers, researchers, as well as engineering and legal to increase usability and ease of use across our products. You’ll also help to build the processes we will rely on to grow the Content Design discipline within our team and across the company.
This position is remote from the US or Canada.
- Be hands-on — writing and editing copy across four product teams. This includes the smallest micro copy to the most visible headlines and everything in between.
- Help the Product Design team become more efficient by developing processes and workflows for collaborating with Content Designers.
- Drive best practices for Content Design in collaboration with our design systems team as well as other Content Designers across the company.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and leads across the organization, and effectively speak to processes and value of the writing discipline.
- Partner with marketing writers to define how our brand voice is expressed within our products
- Apply metrics, data, design research, usability testing, customer support insights, and more to inform content and language decisions.
- Manage and prioritize your workload of multiple projects with different collaborators.
- At least (5) years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio with examples of previous Content Design work specifically showing how you improved user experience through language, from interface copy to style guides and beyond.
- Experience being embedded in a product design team with whom you collaborate closely.
- Experience navigating ambiguity and lack of structure.
- Strong attention to detail with regard to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Comfortable providing feedback on UI/UX designs, asking thoughtful questions about product strategy, and applying learnings from quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience using design software tools like Figma and Sketch.
- Experience writing for B2B audiences
- Experience writing for FinTech
- Experience creating copy guidelines, working with design systems
- Familiarity with accessibility standards
- Experience in technical writing
- Experience in marketing or brand writing
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.