Global Head of Workforce Management & Capacity Planning
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Global Head of Workforce Management (WFM) and Capacity Planning is responsible for ensuring that Customer Success (CS) is equipped to meet our sellers’ support needs by having the right staff in the right place at the right time. In this role, you will lead a global team of both internal and outsourced workforce professionals, ensuring operational excellence in areas such as schedule creation, real time optimization, and near and long term forecasting. You will oversee team strategy and metric performance, owning decisions across infrastructure, personnel, process, and work prioritization. This role would represent WFM at a senior level within the organization and be the expert within the company for strategy, best practices, innovation, and insight.
- Coach and mentor a team of Workforce Management Leaders, with a focus on professional development and instilling a sense of pride and empowerment in our work
- Support the vision and strategy for Square’s Workforce program, creating an inspirational and actionable roadmap that answers the question “where are we going and how will we get there?”
- Take ownership of service level (SLA) achievement, ensuring WFM provides strong forecasts, optimized schedules, and real time adherence support, while collaborating with business leaders to identify and escalate non-WFM performance issues that negatively impact service levels
- Partner with business leaders across the organization to ensure CS’s service strategies are aligned to customer needs and business initiatives, influencing and negotiating on behalf of Customer Success and our sellers when needed
- Establish team OKRs (objectives and key results), decision prioritization and sequencing of projects, and supervise the execution of WFM initiatives
- Identify the optimize the ideal infrastructure for the WFM team (i.e. tools, hardware, etc), carefully considering scale, budget, and functional requirements
- Build, deliver, and oversee an FTE lock file for our partner (BPO) sites
- Directly contribute to Customer Success’ annual planning process, using your financial acumen to optimize a multi-million dollar P&L
- BA/BS degree in an analytical field, or equivalent experience, with the ability to build scorecards/dashboards independently
- Expert knowledge of Call Center KPIs, with demonstrated experience delivering top results
- 8+ years leading Workforce Management teams, including leading other leaders, across all WFM functions (capacity planning, RTA, WFA, etc)
- Expertise with Workforce Management platforms/software (e.g. NICE IEX, Aspect, Teleopti)
- Expertise in contact center forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning, for both internal and and outsourced headcount
- Experience leading annual planning cycles, strategy and roadmap development, target setting and quarterly project prioritization
- Project management experience, including structuring a problem, developing a roadmap and timelines, and then experience delivering on schedule
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, and especially with senior and/or executive leaders
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.