Customer Service Escalations Team Leader, Afterpay
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are seeking a results focussed individual with a naturally positive mindset, who has a strong background in leading a team and service delivery responsibilities in resolving customer service complaints/ dispute resolution.
As a Escalations Team Leader of our Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) process you will be managing and mentoring a team of approximately 8- 10 people who help solve our customer's most complex issues. We strive to solve their issues and allow them to get back to their day with ease. This role requires us to do that at all times working within the guardrails of our Afterpay Complaints Management framework.
This role is responsible for:
- Leading the Escalations Team (IDR process) who provide support to the Customer Service team for escalated complaints, where first level resolution team members have not been able to resolve
- Manage and monitor Escalations workflow, incoming requests and queue management in accordance to required policies and procedures to provide a supportive customer experience and ensuring timely and fair outcomes are achieved
- Ensure the team investigate, manage, and resolve customer requests and complaints, in accordance with policies and procedures to deliver the best possible customer outcome
- Act as an escalation point for the Escalations Team and take personal ownership and ensure resolution of Escalations as required; lead from the front in solving customer issues as needed
- Monitor quality, productivity and service standards of the team to ensure KPIs are delivered and Afterpay / Clearpay complaint management policy frameworks are met, including our obligations to regulatory frameworks
- Ensure feedback loops / coaching data is shared on trends back to front line Customer Service teams to help improve first point resolution (and reduce Escalations if possible)
- Partner with and escalate to External Dispute Resolution (EDR) Leaders and team members to stay connected to complaint themes and best practice resolution approaches and help evolve dispute resolution at Afterpay / Clearpay globally
- Provide performance management for developing employees
- Analyse Escalation complaint data, report on trends to the business, and make recommendations to improve processes. Includes but not limited to input to Complaint Reporting and ongoing Complaint Reviews to ensure key insights are understood and addressed
- Respond to and support Customer Service Teams in management of technology Incidents impacting customer service delivery as required
- Develop productive working relationships with a range of stakeholders across the Operations team and where required product and technology to resolve customer complaints
- Manage in a omnichannel environment which includes messaging and other social media platforms
- Other tasks and ad hoc projects within the scope of the role may be required from time to time
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Customer Service Leadership roles with specific Escalations / Complaints experience
- You will possess the ability to effectively manage performance and coach team members in order to maximise performance and ensure great service is delivered
- Data Analysis and Insight capability; Proven examples of ability to identify and understand process trends / themes and to formulate meaningful insights from this for action or attention
- Experience managing a team within an Omnichannel environment and strong digital experience (Email, messaging and social media channels)
- Self- driven team player, and a logical thinker that likes to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the tenacity to seek a solution to a problem
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- The global nature of our team may require this role work flexibly from time to time in order to to connect to colleagues who operate in North America, UK and Spain
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.