The Senior International Payroll Analyst is based in our Melbourne office or you may choose to work remotely within Australia. As a member of the Australian payroll team, you are an essential resource for Australian and Asia Pacific region (APAC) global payroll matters. You will perform and support primary global payroll administration and have payroll related responsibilities for APAC, assist with Global M&A payroll implementation and assist with payroll project management coordination.
You will report to the Senior International Payroll Manager (based in Canada). Our payroll delivery is based on an outsourced operating model to deliver the operational and technical payroll delivery. This includes a focus on automation and efficiency to enable our resources to deliver value to our HR business partners and business leaders. You will take a lead role locally in Australia in partnering with our outsourced payroll vendors to ensure vendor performance, payroll compliance and business partnering to deliver a great payroll experience for our employees.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in global payroll delivery with an innovative and growing FinTech organisation, and to focus on performance and continued enhancement of payroll delivery and compliance.
- Support payroll analytics servicing APAC Payroll reporting requests from internal or external stakeholders
- Prepare and Review monthly and fortnightly payrolls working closely with our outsourced provider.
- Support system integrations between HR and Global Payroll Systems
- Process APAC stock payroll, including ESPP election files updates, ESPP Gain processing and for the twice a year Global ESPP contributions validations
- Assist with the implementation of new technology and new countries including migration from other payroll providers
- Coordinate Amended Tax returns with the local provider
- Assist with the balancing of multiple Global annual filing for Global Lead approval
- Support other team members
- Test implementations, system enhancements, updates and integrations affecting Global Payroll
- Manage multiple priorities, assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Troubleshoot issues in existing implemented solutions. Raise issues/escalate issues whenever required.
- Review policies and work rules to ensure compliance with legislative obligations
- Review and maintain Payroll Standard Operating Procedure and job-aids.
- Provide excellent customer service to our employees and partners to resolve payroll queries
- Work with cross functional team, including the Global benefit team, and vendors to ensure changes are processed accurately prior to submission to outsourced provider, accurate funding occurs for all accounts, tax remittance, general ledger balancing, month-end close support is completed
- Support the payroll accounting team Payroll related reconciliation research
- Participate in different payroll projects and other opportunities as assigned
Minimum 5+ years’ experience across APAC Payroll management including Australian technical payroll experience
- Good knowledge of APAC Payroll tax administration
- Time management / flexibility approach in set tasks;
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced environment/ take ownership of designated tasks;
- Experience working with multiple systems integrations.
- Proficient in MS Excel including advanced formulas functions (Vlookups, Pivot tables, IF statements)
- Experience in writing or running Payroll reports where applicable
- Working knowledge Workday HRIS (Desirable but not essential)
- Understand internal controls requirements
- Maintain employee data privacy
- Support early or late conference call meeting global time zone as needed
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.