Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
We are looking for an HR Generalist to provide support for our HRBP team. In this role, you will partner closely with HRBPs and other cross-functional partners to drive HR programs and initiatives to completion. You will be on the frontline collaborating with cross-functional partners to oversee and deploy projects both within specific business units and functions. Success in this role means helping the business turn ideas into reality and effectively coordinating and delivering impactful People programs to drive employee engagement. You will also help innovate and improve these programs as we continue to scale.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with a strong sense of ownership and a "get things done" attitude. You’re effective at managing multiple projects at once, very detail-oriented and organized, like to be busy and productive, learn quickly, and have a track record of being adaptable in a fluid, high-growth environment.
- Partner closely with HRBPs to provide support to employees and leaders in the business and resolve roadblocks to help set employees up for success.
- Escalate concerns outside of your scope from employees and leads to ensure they are connected to the appropriate resources they need throughout their time at Square.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners on the delivery of local and/or global project work in support of their client groups including team reorganizations, talent reviews, team-building exercises, M&A work, and policy design.
- Provide insights partnership to HR Business Partners preparing and analyzing surveys and reports.
- Coordinate and facilitate training and onboarding for new and existing employees.
- Execute both administrative and project-based work to support the cyclical HR programs, such as the annual performance review cycle, bi-annual promotion cycle, and company-wide pulse survey.
- Build and maintain a highly effective and collaborative partnership with cross-functional teams, both locally and globally, such as HR Operations, Learning & Programs, People Analytics, Office Experience, Compensation, Benefits, Talent, IT, and Security.
- Review HR processes and suggest changes to improve efficiency, scalability, and employee experience.
- Complete regular audits and other necessary administrative responsibilities as needed.
- 3-5 years of HR, operational, project management, and/or program management experience
- A solid understanding of employment practices (labor law) across the APAC market
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a successful track record of implementing processes that scale
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), with an ability to build partnerships and establish rapport and credibility at all levels
- An ability to work independently in a distributed setting to manage multiple ongoing projects and programs with acute attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to productively challenge and influence other individuals and teams
- Demonstrates a solution-focused approach to problem-solving, with the ability to find pragmatic outcomes
- Exceptional ethics around confidentiality and highly sensitive information
- Experience working with HR systems (e.g. Workday, Visier, Glint)
- People operations and/or generalist experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.