Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As a Partner Manager, you’ll represent Square’s brand and lead our relationships with key strategic partners to drive Square’s growth. We are focused on growing relationships with strategic and unique app marketplace partners to help grow Square’s business metrics and strengthen the Square brand. This role will allow you to drive partner relationships end-to-end, from initial scoping to launch, ongoing partner management, additional partnership opportunities, contract renegotiations and partner marketing. You will become an expert on how to grow our partnerships and you will be the go-to internal consultant on how to optimise partner relationships and maximise the value our integrated propositions can offer customers through ongoing improvement of methods, systems and procedures.
This is a critical role on the Partnership Management team, and you will need to have a good mix of abilities that include: ability to understand a variety of partnerships and their value propositions, strong communication skills to build and deepen partner relationships, an ability to program manage cross-functionally with both internal and external teams delivering ongoing optimisation of key business processes and approaches, and a desire to drive for significant growth in our business.
- Be responsible for all aspects of partner growth: prioritization of business, strategic and financial assessment, structuring and negotiation of new projects, and ongoing partner management
- Conduct analysis on the state of partnerships and partner success
- Identify, scope and manage the delivery of improvement opportunities across the end-to-end partnership lifecycle (application compatibility, integration functionality, processes and joint ways of working)
- Maintain direct and active relationships with partners, including proactively resolving business and technical issues and serving as an internal advocate.
- Communicate and collaborate with a broad range of internal stakeholders in Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Legal
- Be accountable for success metrics and partner growth
- Operate with little oversight, be an executor, and be able to drive excitement and growth across partners
- Be a liaison between partners and internal Business Teams, Product Management, Engineering and Sales teams
- Works Effectively with Senior Leaders: Can build relationships and deal comfortably with partner’s leadership. Can craft approaches that are perceived as positive and successful. Knows how to deliver to build credibility. Able to effectively negotiate contracts and can be nimble in approach.
- Leading Change: Successful record of leading organizational change. Passion for helping partners and colleagues succeed.
- An ability to be assertive, resilient and persuasive and to succeed in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- An analytical and creative thinker with the ability to assess business opportunities.
- Experience working with marketing, sales, account management, product and technical teams.
- Ability to be coachable, interested in implementing feedback, and dedicated to improvement.
- Able to drive and manage cross-functional initiatives at scale.
- An ability to work autonomously with a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand.
- 4+ years management consulting experience where you have been involved in the end-to-end delivery of organisational improvement or complex technology implementation projects, preferably in the financial services sector and/or payments industry.
- 4+ years partnerships experience and/or business experience, preferably with a successful track record of managing business relationships and cross-functional projects.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.